Security and Privacy
We at NumbersFigured respect and strive to protect the privacy of those who visit or use our website. When we collect information from you, we want you to know how it is used. To demonstrate our commitment to fair information practices, we have adopted leading industry privacy guidelines.
NumbersFigured does not share your personal information with outside companies for their promotional use.
Because of the financial nature of our business, our website is not designed to appeal to children under the age of 13. Therefore, we don't knowingly attempt to solicit or receive any information from children.
At NumbersFigured we utilize a wide variety of media – both online and traditional outlets – to inform our clients of the many benefits of working with our company to achieve their accounting, tax and financial goals.
We do not make our advertising decisions based on political affiliations or in support of, or against, any political or religious group. We have an obligation to ensure our advertising does not appear in content that is detrimental to our brand values. This means we will not advertise where there is excessive or gratuitous violence or sexuality, which demean or denigrate any religion, race, sex or which are otherwise lacking in good taste.
Should our advertising appear where content violates these guidelines we will review the content in question and make decisions about the appropriateness of advertising for future consideration.h4
At NumbersFigured, we want you to be comfortable and confident when using our website. Therefore, we would like to share with you the following principles that govern our information practices and other privacy aspects of our website:
WEBSITE INFORMATION PRACTICES
To maximize the value of our services, we may request information from you when you visit our websites. NumbersFigured does not share your personal information with outside companies for their promotional use.
Here is a description of the information we collect and how it is used:
Protecting Your Identity and Credit
Credit reporting agencies may share your information with other companies when you apply or inquirfe about loans. This may cause you to receive Email or phone calls that you didn't ask for, offering credit cards, refinancing or other financial products.
You can stop these calls and Emails by opting out of these prescreened credit offers. Simply call (888) 567-8688 or visit www.optoutprescreen.com.
- Tools, Applications and Registration: We provide a number of ways for you to explore your options for services, so
you can determine which options may be the most desirable for you. You can engage a number of tools, planners, calculators and other possible interactive
tools, without providing us your identity.
However, if you want to exercise one or more of the servceis presented, we will ask you to register at the site and supply other identifying and supporting information needed to process your application.
When you register, you select a member ID name by which we will know you, choose a password and provide us an Email address. You use the member ID name and password to gain access to your application information, financial profile and/or customized information. We use your contact information to provide you with alerts and updates regarding the status of services you requested, which is part of the NumbersFigured services. NumbersFigured does not share your information with outside companies for their promotional use. We may, however, use it to send you communications and special offers on other products or services offered by NumbersFigured. If you do not want to receive this information you may opt-out during registration, within any future communications or by sending an Email to optout@NumbersFigured.com .
We may also supply the information you provide, on a strictly confidential basis, to service providers, such as the IRS and state tax agencies, etc., who assist us in processing and servicing your requests.
- Newsletters: We may provide you the opportunity to subscribe to Email newsletters and other Email communications. You may unsubscribe by following the instructions provided in each Email newsletter.
General Information Practices
- Contests, Sweepstakes, and Surveys: From time to time, we may offer you the option to participate in contests, sweepstakes, or surveys. If you would like to participate, we may ask you for contact information, preferences or other information. This information may be used to conduct research, improve our offerings, or contact you regarding tax and financial services or award prizes. Our contests or sweepstakes may have separate rules and we will identify how the information that you supply will be used in each case.
- Mandatory and Optional Information: We identify what information is required to fulfill your request. If you chose not to provide mandatory information, we will not be able to provide you the service you are requesting.
- Within the NumbersFigured Family: Within the NumbersFigured family, we may exchange customer information to fulfill your requests or to provide you with information about other products or services, if you have chosen to receive such communications.
- Service Providers: In some cases, we will employ or use service providers such as third party software developers, to complete a business process or provide a service on our behalf. For example, we may use service providers to enhance our website technology, deliver products, or to send Emails. When we employ service providers, we may need to share your personally identifiable information such as name and email. Service providers are strictly prohibited from using your personally identifiable information for purposes other than to act on our behalf.
- Service Alerts and Critical Notices: Although we respect and honor the privacy preferences you have expressed, we may need to contact you to inform you of specific changes that may impact your ability to use this service or for other critical non-marketing purposes, such as bug alerts. We may also contact you to respond to your specific requests, to clarify the service order information you provided to us, or to notify you of upcoming subscription expiration dates.
- Change of Control: Your personally identifiable information may be transferred in connection with a sale, merger, transfer, exchange or other disposition (whether of assets, stock or otherwise) of all or a portion of a business of NumbersFigured. You will have the opportunity to opt out of further secondary use of your information following any change of control.
- Legal Disclosures: In some cases we may disclose certain information to comply with a legal process, such as a court order, subpoena, search warrant, or law enforcement request.
SAFEGUARD PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION FROM LOSS, MISUSE, OR UNAUTHORIZED ALTERATION
We employ industry recognized security safeguards to help protect the personally identifiable information that you have provided to us from loss, misuse, or unauthorized alteration. All data sent to NumbersFigured is protected with technology that enables encryption of your data. We use:
- Secure Socket Layer (SSL): The NumbersFigured Web server supports the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) transaction protocol that is largely accepted as an industry standard. The purpose of this encryption protocol is to keep confidential the information passed back and forth between a Web server and its users.
- 256-Bit Encryption: NumbersFigured uses 256-Bit Encryption. However, if your browser operates at a lower encryption, your encryption
level, while secure, is not the highest level available.
We work to protect personally identifiable information stored on the site's servers from unauthorized access using industry standard computer security products, such as firewalls, as well as carefully developed security procedures and practices.In addition, a username, member ID name and password are required for you to use, view or change application information.
HOW AND WHY WE USE WEB TECHNOLOGIES
Here is how and why we use some common Web technologies to help manage our websites:
- Cookies: A
is a small piece of information that our website may provide to your browser while you are at our sites. The NumbersFigured
website supplies your browser with cookies that contain a unique identifier used to better understand website usage in the
aggregate and on an individual level so we know what areas of our site users prefer (e.g.,based on the number of visits to those areas). This is
done through a tracking utility that allows us, for example, to reconstruct activity from a session or by a user, for troubleshooting and issue
resolution purposes. NumbersFigured may also employ service providers to help us collect and understand our website usage data.
When periodic surveys are presented to website visitors, cookies are used to prevent issuing multiple invitations to the same individual.
If you are a registered member on the NumbersFigured website, you will receive a cookie when you login. This cookie is maintained by your browser and contains your identifier. This cookie is also used to authenticate your identity and provide you with access to areas of our website that are limited to registered members, such as those that allow you to view and manage your personal profile.
Additionally, NumbersFigured service providers that serve ads on affiliate and/or advertiser websites may assign different cookies and small graphical images called single-pixel GIFs or web beacons, to your browser to track the effectiveness of NumbersFigured advertising on other websites and your involvement with NumbersFigured. The NumbersFigured website also sets a temporary cookie that contains a unique, anonymous identifier that is provided to the service provider to ensure that each referral is only counted once. This cookie is not linked to a customer's personal information. NumbersFigured may also employ service providers who may assign cookies or web beacons to your browser to assist us in collecting website usage data such as your IP address, session ID, URL and demographic information such as your zip code. The collection of data may include personally identifiable information. We do not track URLs that you type into your browser, nor do we track you across the Internet once you leave our site.
If you simply want to browse, you do not have to accept cookies from our site. Should you decide, however, that you would like to register and sign in to special areas of the website and you have modified your browser settings not to accept cookies, you will need to re-set your browser to accept the cookies that we send. Otherwise, you won't be able to participate in certain areas of the website. Most browsers are defaulted to accept and maintain cookies.
If you wish to remove cookies provided by NumbersFigured, from your browser, you may do so by following specic instructions to remove cookies for your browser. These instructions are normally available via the 'help' section of your browser. Please note that if you choose to reject or disable cookies, your access to certain areas within the NumbersFigured website may be limited.
- Website Usage Data: Our website tracks usage data, including, for example, your IP address, your browser type and version, which pages you view, which page, if any, linked you to our site, and which link, if any, you follow off of our site. We use this data in the aggregate and on an individual level to better understand website activity to improve our site offerings, to reconstruct activity from a session or by a user, for troubleshooting and issue resolution purposes. We may also use this data to provide you a more personalized website experience, assistance with technical support questions, and to send you special offers, product and service updates, or other promotional materials that are relevant and tailored to your interests. If you do not want to receive these offers or promotions, simply indicate your contact preferences during the registration process, within any future communications or by sending an Email to optout@NumbersFigured.com . We do not share your information with outside companies for their promotional use. We do not track URLs that you type into your browser, nor do we track you across the Internet once you leave our site.
YOUR CHOICES ABOUT HOW THE PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION THAT YOU PROVIDE TO US MAY BE USED
We give you the opportunity to control the use of your personal information for purposes other than to fulfill your request or as is required to process and service your requests. For example, on occasion we may use your contact information to send you promotional communications about NumbersFigured products. If you do not wish to receive such communications, you may specify your contact preferences during the information collection process or you may send an Email to optout@NumbersFigured.com .
YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO UPDATE OR CORRECT YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
We provide you the opportunity to update or correct the contact and application information that you have provided to us. You may review and update information stored in your application online. Once you have submitted your application, you may only change the information by directly contacting us or Emailing us at support@NumbersFigured.com.
CONTACT US ABOUT OUR INFORMATION PRACTICES AND OTHER ASPECTS OF PRIVACY
- Bookkeeping /Bookkeeping/Accounting Review - QuickBooks, Peachtree, MYOB
- Payroll/Full Service Payroll - Weekly, Monthly
- Sales Tax Returns
- Taxation/Tax Preparation (all entities) and Advice - Planning & Return Preparation - Individual, Corporate, Estate, Trust, Non-profit, Sales Tax, Payroll
- International Accounting and Tax
- Business Management
- Outside Controller/Outsource CFO Services
- Incorporation Services for different Entities
- Business Valuation
- Financial Planning
- Forensic Accounting
- Technical set-up and support
- Financial Statement Preparation
- Business Consulting, including cash-flow analysis, financial reporting and controls, business process improvements)
- Representation at IRS, State and Local Audits
- Commercial Financing
- Mergers & Acquisition Consulting