• Does an expat have to file taxes?

    Yes. If you are a U.S. citizen or resident alien, residing locally, overseas or had income while overseas,  you have to file a tax return. Your worldwide income is subject to U.S. income tax, regardless of where you reside.

  • What is an EIN?

    An Employer Identification Number (EIN) is also known as a Federal Tax Identification Number, and is used to identify a business entity. Generally, businesses need an EIN.

  • When do you need an EID (Employer Identification Number)?

    You will need an EIN if

    • you have employees
    • you operate your business as a corporation or a partnership
    • you file any of these tax returns: Employment, Excise, or Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms
    • you withhold taxes on income, other than wages, paid to a non-resident alien
    • you have a Keogh plan
    • you involved with any of the following types of organizations
      • Trusts, except certain grantor-owned revocable trusts, IRAs, Exempt Organization Business Income Tax Returns
      • Estates
      • Real estate mortgage investment conduits
      • Non-profit organizations
      • Farmers' cooperatives
      • Plan administrators

Get in Touch